Okay, so today, there are some things you should watch out for when you are sparring:
– Always, keep your hands UP when you aren’t blocking punching etc.
– Remember that you should not ever touch someone’s face, it is very dangerous, (that’s just for sparring. In real life, if someone’s trying to kill you, hit the face, and use your other techniques)
– Another thing you should try to avoid is getting mad. Mad that you lost and that you could have beaten someone else in sparring. Because, it doesn’t matter whether you win or lose, it only matters whether you tried hard or not.
– When someone hits you, tell the sensei.
– If you have a younger or older sibling, try practicing sparring with them, if you are an only child, ask your friend(s)
That’s something you should really know, and, if you want to win a sparring competition, just keep hitting in the same spot, so that the people will just get really bored by blocking over and over and over and over and over again, then you suddenly change the course of your hand and touch the middle of the uniform. That’s what I found out. Especially with 6 year olds.
In case you missed it, this article is about what to watch out for when you are sparring.