I got my white belt today, and my uniform. Today I reckon you should remember these sentences.
– Every black belt was once a white belt
– Always think of yourself as a higher belt so that you can become a higher belt faster
– A true winner (you) never ever gives up
– Remember to stretch everyday!
– If you make a mistake, its ok, everyone thinks of themselves instead of you.
– Think of yourself a higher belt and act like that.
– Practice, even if you have a reason not to. Don’t let little reasons stop you!
– And, don’t stop believing!
I pay as much attention in class as I can now. I just keep thinking of all those people that have been beaten up and killed because they didn’t know what to do when someone came along and knocked them out.
I keep thinking that karate might be the difference between life and death, and I might be saving a friend too. Anyway, all I am trying to say is train hard and take everything your sensei says seriously, unless your sensei is a joker or something.
Try your hardest and make punches powerful and NEVER straighten your elbow while punching or chopping, you can break your elbow, same with the knees.